Friday, January 23, 2009

The Road is Calling Me

Ever since I got my  license in February of 2001, I have been desperately wanting to take a solitary cross-country road trip, Jack Kerouac style. I wanted to spend months aimlessly driving across the country, stopping wherever I wanted, eating in local diners, seeing how life is lived across the country.

In a couple of hours, I leave to fly out of New York.  One more experience under my belt, one more chapter closed.

I'm headed to Seattle where I will pick up my car and spend the next couple of weeks seeing as many people as I can and as much of the western half of the country as I can.

It's not exactly the trip of my dreams.  I wish I had more time, more funds, etc.  

But it's fun to see how you end up getting to do the things you want to do if you're open to the things that lead up to them.  I like how life works.

I just got off the phone with Sara and am ridiculously excited to see her and Dusty's faces when I get off the plane.  I didn't realize how much I missed them until I was headed to see them.  I'm pretty sure that's going to happen a lot in the next couple of weeks.

All this to say, I may not be able to blog the obsessive amount that I've been doing the past few weeks.  But fear not, I'll keep you updated on the trip and, more importantly, what sweet jams I'm rocking out to in the Blaze.

Speaking of, everyone keep your fingers cross that the Blazer makes it back to MO.  

Peace out, NYC.

Song of the Day: No Ordinary Love by Toby Mac (the ultimate Sassy Jam- 3rd Session)

1 comment:

Living on Love said...

Congrats on another chapter. It's exciting to know that you will have parts of your past that will make kids brag to their friends about you whenever you're 85.

Thanks for the mention in the last note

And enjoy the roadtrip. I remember sitting a the capital talking about cross country road trips. I'm pumped for you!