Sunday, January 18, 2009

Does This Count as a Job Search?

I've been thinking a lot in the last few months about what kind of job I want.  And I think I've narrowed it down a little.

But I'm going to need your help because I'm having some trouble coming up with something that fits all my requirements.

Basically, I want a job that gives me a flexible schedule.  I want to be able to work from home/a coffee shop and take as many breaks as I want to research weird stuff on the internet or stare into my mug while listening to a song.

I would like to make enough to pay off my student loans and be able to give generously and freely while still indulging my iTunes and books binges, but I don't need an exorbitant salary.

I need to be doing something I believe in, something that I'm passionate about and want to see succeed.

I'm task oriented and like having projects and deadlines.  I like organizing people and motivating others to work hard.  I like to take initiative.  I have no problems with authority but prefer to have a lot of leeway to do my work how I see fit.  But I want a boss that's always available for guidance.

I want to enjoy my coworkers and be genuine friends with them rather than spending most of my day with people I can't stand.  

I like a lot of variety and would love to travel and engage the community in whatever I'm doing.

I want to work hard and feel like I've accomplished something at the end of the day.

I am willing to put in any extra effort when necessary but I also don't want my work to dominate my life.

I want to work in a place where my ideas are welcomed and I'm given respect.  I want to feel good about what I do and feel like I'm good at it.

But mainly, I want to be able to work from a coffee shop!

OK, does anyone know of a job that fits all this?  If so, please let me know.  You would make me very happy.

Song of the day: After Tonight by Justin Nozuka

No comments: