Monday, January 12, 2009

I've Identified that Rancid Smell... It's Called Desperation (Bachelor, Ep. 2)

Week #2 of the Bachelor is over and it was again everything I would hope it to be.  It's a horrible train wreck and I will continue to watch faithfully every week because I seriously love this season.

I have hated some seasons of the Bachelor, mainly when the Bachelors are huge tools, i.e. Andrew Firestone and Lorenzo.  But I like Jason.  He seems sincere, if not a little naive and idealistic.

Some observations from this week:

Who the hell was the girl who decided to go home?  I had never seen that girl once on the show before then.

You have to love Jason a little for trying to pull off the vest over t-shirt look.  He's not cool enough for that.  But he was cool enough for the kick-ass leather jacket he wore later on that date.  Redeemed for now.

Someone is lying about their age.  I won't name names, but it rhymes with Schmephanie.  (I'm saying no younger than 38 with quite a bit of plastic surgery to boot.)

What is with the way Jason awkwardly holds hands with the girl he's talking too?  It's not even during some kind of intimate conversation.  They're totally just sitting there having a normal conversation.  That would piss me off.  I need my hands to talk.

Do you think these women will forever feel a Pavlovian-like anxiety when they hear a knife clinking against a glass, a la Chris Harrison announcing a rose ceremony?

The "break dancing" and synchronized swimming were awesome!

Why does the girl from Missouri have to be the one that's kind of a stalker?


And my favorite quotes of the night:

"For three of these women, their dreams of marrying Jason will be dashed tonight..." -Chris Harrison voiceover

"In my last relationship, I was cheated on...  She was 52." -Erica

"I want someone to love me to death... Literally, I mean, if I die, he would be so in love with me that it would be very unlikely he would ever remarry." -Raquel


Lastly, the moment that made me involuntarily look away and cover my eyes with my hands because it was so awkward:

Naomi first talked about how she was going to kiss Jason and then aggressively went for it when he was going for a hug.  After she was rejected with an awkwardly placed peck, she was undeterred and actually asked him to kiss her.  Why on earth would he say yes?


In the end, Nikki's looking even stronger but I think she's going to get in trouble talking about all the other girls to Jason.  Raquel and Sharon who quit her job got the ax.  I wish it were Erica.

See you next week!

1 comment:

Paige said...

Ok, I have several comments about tonight's episode:

1. I laughed once again when I read your Erica quote.
2. I think Jason's honest reaction when he got in the car and saw Raquel was, "Shit. Was she on this date and I never realized it?"
3. The girl whose name rhymes with Schmephanie I see as someone who dresses her daughter up like a 25-year-old and puts her in pageants.
4. They've already pegged Shannon as the creepster so there's absolutely no way she's escaping that. (Just like the woman that one season who talked about her ovaries.)
5. I think we've got The Bachelor blog covered right here!

I don't like: Erica, Megan, Stephanie, Nikki (way to desperate)
Favorite (for now): Jillian