Saturday, May 2, 2009

Wolf! Wolf!

I feel like the boy who cried wolf.  Because I'm going to tell you all that I had the best day ever yesterday and I'm going to guess that you will think that's an exaggeration.  You'll point out the several other times I've made this claim.  And I'll hang my head with shame.

But, seriously, for real, no lie, I had the best day ever yesterday.

Starting at 12:0o AM, when I was already spooning with Liz on an extremely comfortable posturepedic mattress on a sidewalk in downtown KC.  Why, you may ask?

The answer is simple.  We were determined to win 52 free movie tickets.  That's right, 52 free movie tickets.  One a week for a year.  

All we had to do was be one of the first 100 people in line at 8:00 AM at this new AMC theater in downtown KC, dressed as a movie character or celebrity.  Simple.

We convinced John to come with us (Unemployed Friends of KC, unite!).  Liz was dressed as Cindy Lou Who (of course), I was Marge Gunderson from Fargo and John was Chuck Norris.

We camped out.  It was beautiful.  Our mattress was comfy.  We almost killed the drunken crowd a few people down the line from us and made some awesome friends in the 2 cool guys behind us and the group of Rockhurst students in front of us.

Oh, and we got 52 free movie tickets at 8:00 AM.  If you're nice, I'll treat you to a movie.  (Check out Liz in the KC Star here.  She was also on the news.  Hilarious.)

After getting our tickets, I headed home and slept for a couple hours because, oops, I had an interview at a coffee shop at 1:45.  Staying up all night, bad life decision or awesome story?  Probably both.

But I went to my interview, it went really well, and...

They hired me!

That's right, the unthinkable has happened.  I got a job!  I'm going to be working at this awesome coffee shop/art gallery and altogether loving life.  I still have a couple days off during the week so I can do Sseko stuff with Liz.  And I get to make coffee.  And talk to people.  There are few better jobs for me.

The only sucky thing is working weekends, but I don't really mind that.  And I'm going to have a paycheck.

The awesomeness extends into today as I'm in Mid-MO watching the Cardinals on Fox Sports Mid-West and I just got back from Liz's shower in Columbia where I got to see a whole lot of friends that I hadn't seen in a very long time.  It was so fun catching up with everyone and made me even more pumped for the Bohannon/Forkin Wedding Extravaganza of 08.  I miss people.

So there you go, actual best day ever.  If I say it again, you can shame me.

Much love.

No comments: