Monday, May 18, 2009

The Bachelorette

Dear Jillian,

I think you're insane, but I am stoked that you got your own season of the Bachelorette.  You were my favorite of the final few last season and it is going to be fun watching you wade through this sea of testosterone and attempt to find "true love." (I'll be referring to it as "TV love" but if you want to stick with "true love" that's fine.)

Here's my advice: settle down.  Back off a little.  Don't let the creepiness of the mansion rub off on you.  This show is too extreme.

I just watched the intro of all the men that you're going to see if you love.  That's a lot of overly confident men you have there.  I would bet there are a great many douche bags in this group.  Good luck wading through them.  

Most important thing first:  If you don't end up wanting Jake the pilot or Ed from Chicago, can I have him? 

If you're anything like me you'll get rid of all the men that have anything like "executive," "finance" or "entrepreneur" under their names.  They all seem a little creepy and soulless.  But breakdance instructor, pilot, and photographer?  Yes, please.

Oh, and if you could tell the dude from Kansas to just go ahead and pack his bags now, that wold be great.  But graphic designer in the Member's Only jacket?  He.  Is.  Awesome.

I have to give you some props for your poise.  If I had 25 guys all trying to impress me, I would turn super awkward.  You're holding your own nicely.

One last piece of advice:  Don't be too slutty.  Your grandma's watching.

Enjoy the ride, Jillian.  I'll be watching.  (And judging.)

-Kate



Dear Bachelors,

Next time, don't wear lime green shirts or shiny jackets.  Also, don't be a fitness model or awkwardly man hug the other dudes when you have to leave.  Your chances with women will improve exponentially.

Better luck next time.

-Kate

No comments: