Monday, April 27, 2009

KC is Pretty Cool

I'm hanging out at the Roasterie with Liz.  They legitimately have the best cup of coffee in KC, but it's 20 minutes from my house.  Why does all the bad stuff happen to me?

But I made the trek and it's rainy and that means I splurged on a soy carmel latte which is ridiculously delicious.  Well done, Roasterie.

On another note, in the past week or so I've come to really love KC.  I've always enjoyed it because of the people, but I've come to really appreciate the city itself.  It's pretty cool.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to my friend Drew who lives in Portland.  I was telling her that I thought she should come visit me here in KC and she started laughing.  I was a little confused by that reaction until she said, "Is there anything to do in Kansas City?"

It was then that I realized she thought that I was living in something akin to a farm town.  I had to explain to her that Kansas City is literally almost the exact same size as Portland.  

My favorite thing about KC is that there is a ton of stuff to do, but none of it will break the bank.  You can go to a major league baseball game for $7, you can get dinner for $10, you can get an awesome apartment in the middle of the city for $500/month.  

Oh, and the people are nice and there's good jazz.  

KC is awesome.

This is fun for me and also makes it a great place to visit.  (Hint, hint.)

2 comments:

Craig Henry said...

at first, i thought this said you were at the Rotisserie

e. lizabeth said...

hhmmm. i love warm chicken on a rainy day.