Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Chillaxin'

One thing about me has not changed: I love a relaxing day off.

I woke up this morning to the sound of Shea singing Candy Mountain very loudly. The vent from the living room goes directly up into my room. So, Shea decided to get as close to it as he could and sing to me in order to wake me up. It was a rather unusual way to awaken.

But I headed downstairs and everyone was hanging out in their PJs. We had decided to cook breakfast, so the guys made pancakes, we made eggs and the marrieds brought some OJ and such. It was really fun to all sit around in our pajamas and eat a meal together. Everyone is really excited to create community. It's really cool to see and I think I'm going to learn a lot from it.

After breakfast, everyone dispersed. People headed out of the house and I started some laundry and took some time to read my Bible and journal. I just started Velvet Elvis, so I read a couple chapters from it as well and then showered and took my time getting ready while everybody else watched Elizabethtown downstairs. I've come to realize how important it is to me to get some time to myself often. It was so refreshing to just sit in my room and read and stuff.

After all of that, it was already around 5:00, so I headed downstairs, ate some dinner, and hung out with the girls. I'm coming to really enjoy all the girls in my house, which is so wonderful. We just hung out in the kitchen and each cooked our own dinner and talked.

After dinner, we put in an episode of 90210 and Shea decided to watch with us. It was hilarious to see the early 90s mullets and Blossom hats and we had a lot of fun getting into the ultimate teenage drama. We had to stop in the middle of an episode to head to the ice cream social they were having for us to meet all the staff.

We headed to the Sassy and, because we've had to get into the habit of being 5 minutes early to everything, we were the first one there. It was really fun to meet everyone that we hadn't met yet. There are a ton of people on staff here and with their families, there are a lot of people on property. We got to meet some of the Moms who don't work on property but are here with their kids and meet some of the other people that work up in the Maintenance and Woodshops and stuff, so that was great. Although it was already weird to be in the Sassy and not be behind the counter.

After we left the ice cream social, the girls and I had a sweet dance party back in Condo 55. It was a blast and made me feel like I was back at 203. They've put us in the condos that are kind of away from the rest of the condos which was probably a good idea for moments like tonight. We eventually got shushed by Dan, who informed us that some of the hunters that are on property right now were staying in the condo next to them. So, we stopped the dance party and settled into more 90210.

We have our first staff meeting in the morning and in the afternoon I get to train the interns who will be with me the next couple of months in the Sassy. I'm excited to get have some other interns with me. We have to make up a song for the Billy Sundae, which is our ultimate huge sundae. Each staff has to create a new song to sing everytime it gets ordered and they're always to the tune of popular songs. It's going to be fun.

That's the day. Love you all.

No comments: