Friday, July 17, 2009

This Counts as a Post, Right?

I read an article in the Washington Post today saying that crocs were going out of style and the company is going to go bust any day now.  I won't pretend I'm sad about that bit of news.  I'm pretty proud of myself for never hopping on that bandwagon.  I discussed it a little for practical purposes in the Canyon but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  There's something about an oversized neon clog that just doesn't please me aesthetically.  

In other news, I got rejected from yet another job today.  I'm essentially numb to it at this point, as it's happened so frequently over the last 6 months.  I think if I keep my expectations shockingly low, it will be a wonderful surprise when someone (besides a retail business) actually hires me. 

I still haven't really decided what to do with all the dead time.  The other day I decided I should use it to start writing my first opus, but I just haven't found the right inspiration.  Oh, well.  Guess I'll stick to blogging and watching bad reality TV.

Last on this list of random topics, I watched JK Rowling: A Year in the Life last night.  I desperately want to be her.  For many, many reasons, but mainly, in an over-arching way, because she is awesome.

Song of the Day: Tuesday in Amsterdam by Counting Crows

1 comment:

Craig Henry said...

you know our father has multiple pairs of crocs..