Friday, July 3, 2009

Blogging Makes Me Happy

First of all, this is my 200th post.  I feel like this is a pretty big blog milestone.  I shall make a cake to celebrate.  Or watch Ace of Cakes.  One of the two.

I've had a weird week.  

I was scared to move here because I was afraid I was going to feel too settled.  I'm close to home and I thought I would get a job with health benefits and limited vacation days, and be a part of a community, and do all of that stuff that makes you feel (I think) rooted.  And settled.  And a little stuck.

Ha.

Seriously.  My fears have graciously not come true because, wow, I do not feel settled.  

Restless? Yes.  Unsure?  Definitely.  Second-guessing all of my decisions?  Constantly.

I love it.  And I hate it.  Such is life.

So I'm going to spend a late night listening to music and reading a Bronte novel and loving the fact that this is my life and this is who I am, no matter where I am or what my job is.  

Song of the day: Honey Bee by Zee Avi

No comments: