Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I Live in Arizona

I'm in Williams. I live here now. This is weird.

Got in around 5 and moved all my stuff into the spare room at Katie and Jen's. Left an hour later to go to Family Dinner which is the weekly potluck for all the staff. Although I'm kind of exhausted and didn't really have the ability to communicate in a functional way, it was fun. It made me remember exactly why I love property staff and why I'm excited about this job.

Also, Williams is as awesome as I remember. I learned tonight that at Christmas, they drill a hole in the middle of one of the streets downtown, put up a giant pine tree, have a parade and tree lighting ceremony, and, oh yeah, that block of the street is just shut down for the entire Christmas season. Because the Christmas tree is more important than a steady flow of traffic. I like their priorities.

I really hope that is just the tip of the iceberg in the funny small tourist town anecdotes.

The best part is, I'm sitting in my room with the window open and it's quiet and peaceful and feels good. I've been really bummed about moving, but I just kept thinking that as soon as I got here, I would love it, just like when I came to interview. It feels right, and that feels good.

Can't wait to work tomorrow!

Enjoy the last road trip diary!

1 comment:

gwenpelzer said...

Okay, find out when the tree lighting is ... and let me know. :]