Thursday, September 24, 2009

Countdown's On

So... I'm moving. On Monday. To Arizona.

Hmm.

Not sure what to think right now.

I've had a great couple of weeks of fitting in time with people I love in order to prepare for the move.

On Tuesday, we had an awesome Old Helias YL Team Members Who Now Live in KC Reunion. There are a lot of us. The Bonhannons, the Peaks, the Petersons, Elizabeth, John (honorary Helias Alum), Ashley, and I all ate chili, watched youtube videos, laughed really hard, and simply hung out at our house. It was wonderful and fun to see how much we stay connected at the heart even when we're not connected in the day to day.

They've decided to make it a bi-weekly tradition and I'm extremely jealous that I won't be around for it, but glad to know that they're all here, carrying on with a community that I get to be a part of long-distance and can always come back and step right into here. What a blessing.

I've also been back and forth to Jeff City a lot this month in order to hang out with my family. I didn't really take advantage of being so close to home while I was here because I was working weekends and thought I was going to be here longer. So I've been cramming it all in now.

I've been to a Mizzou game, Cardinals game, the Lake, my nephew's flag football game, and a couple of BBQs. It has been seriously wonderful and made me realize how much comfort I receive simply from seeing a familiar landscape in front of me. Driving down hwy 63 and seeing the bluffs and the trees and the capital. I feel like I've been gone so long, but I spent 22 of my 24 years of life in Mid-MO and it still very much is embedded in my heart because of it.

Lastly, I got to spend the day with my niece and nephew last Sunday, followed by dinner with my brother and sister-in-law and the kids. I played probably 30 songs on Rock Band with my 7-year-old nephew and you've have not seen hilarity until you've seen a 7-year-old belt out Eye of the Tiger. It was wonderful.

The rest of our day was taken up by a light saber war, complete with several different jedi/storm trooper/harry potter outfits. There was also some time spent caring for sick Barbie dolls. Always fun.

Here's some pics. Feel free to squeal out loud about how cute they are.

Step 1: Put on Game Face.
Step 2: Attack Sister
Step 3: Add Cape, Attack Sister Again
Step 4: Cuddle Break.
Step 5: Become Storm Trooper

Step 6: Go to Dark Side, Become Darth Vader
Step 7: Make Up Story to Go with Pictures in Book, Ignore Brother at All Costs

1 comment:

Living on Love said...

Good Luck Kate!
My favorite part of your blog: experiencing every inch of the United States through your writing.

Remember when we sat at the capital and talked about hopping trains and traveling across the United States. You are doing it... kind of... and that's awesome!