Sunday, August 1, 2010

I'm in Love, I'm in Love, and I Don't Care Who Knows It

In my last post, I professed my love for my friends Ben and Liz and their company Sseko. And that love is real. But I'm here today to talk about an even more serious love. A love that, I would say, defines me.

World, I'm here to say it out loud: I am in love with Ira Glass.

Oh, Ira. You are everything I want.

If you don't know who Ira is (shame on you), he is a radio commentator and host of This American Life on NPR. (Side note: if you are not subscribed to the This American Life podcast, you should be. It's the highlight of my week.)

Ira is everything I want. I mean, it's his job to seek out interesting people/stories and then highlight them. And I'm not talking about the snobby, "shame on you for not realizing this is important," interesting stories. I'm talking about people you would know, next door neighbors. He seeks them out and highlights them. He tells their stories with both the dignity and the humor they deserve. I want to do that for people.

Also, he's got unruly salt and pepper hair, a great smile, and big black-rimmed glasses. And he wears suits. And he's on the radio. On NPR. And he's quietly hilarious. And pretty...


Sigh.

What would it take, Ira? I need to know.

OK, I'm going to move onto my real life. But you can stay and enjoy that picture for a while. I won't judge you.

Song of the Day: When a Heart Breaks by Ben Rector

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Thanks for not judging. you are good at that. and I heart you.