Monday, November 3, 2008

On Broadway

OK, so it has been a little while since I've blogged.  It has been an eventful couple of weeks.  To start off, my friends were (and are) here!  My forced solo exploration of the city has ended which I appreciate.  It's nice to have people here that know me.

So over the 10 days that Kelley and Richard were back in Missouri, the following people all spent a little time with me in NYC: Lacey, Nick, Dusty, Sara, Drew, Mike, Mandi, Roy, David, Kelly, and Gentges.  Sara and Dusty were here that whole time which was awesome because they're basically my favorite married couple in the world.  Everyone else was here for anywhere from 2 days to 7 days, so I had a lot of people around me.  And Lacey and Nick live here now!  So exciting!  (This means that I force Lacey to hang out with me literally all the time.)

We did essentially every touristy thing you can do, including but not limited to the Brooklyn Bridge, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Central Park, the UN, the Empire State building, the Financial District, Little Italy, Chinatown, Coney Island, and the Museum of Natural History.  We also ate at a different restaurant every day, ordered in a lot and walked more than I ever have in my life.  

The highlight of the week was definitely the 4 (yes, 4) broadway shows we saw.  They included Legally Blonde (surprisingly awesome), 13 the musical (the entire cast is under 15), the Lion King (too incredible for words), and Hairspray.  I am loving the Great White Way and since everyone left, Lacey and I went to see Spring Awakening as well.  It was my favorite so far although definitely darker.  All of this broadway has merely confirmed my theory that life would be at least 20 times more awesome if we lived in a musical.

Since everyone left, I've been easing back into the routine with baby Isabelle and still trying to pack in everything.  I had a slight panic attack when I realized I had been here for a month already and still feel like I haven't even made a dent in my list of things I must do before I leave.  But I still have time.

My favorite things so far:
1) Public transportation... I never want to drive again.
2) Sushi, sushi, sushi everywhere
3) The museums (so many more to see)
4) The Halloween craziness capped off by the parade down the street from the apartment... I don't even have words.

Love you all!


No comments: