Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm Unpacking my Sweaters!

If you're one of those people who gets really snotty about the fact that we have started celebrating the Christmas season before Thanksgiving, stop reading now.  You're not going to like what I have to say.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

I love everything about it.  I have purchased my first new Christmas CD of the year (This Warm December featuring Jack Johnson, G. Love and many others of the same... Love it!), I have been anxiously watching the progress of the decorating of the Rockefeller Center tree on the news (it got its 10 foot, crystal encrusted star today), I've been taking walks down fifth ave. to see the Christmas displays popping up in the store windows, I've been over-emailing my parents asking them when family christmas is and what exactly our plans are, I have a wicked cold, I rejoiced over the first flurries today (which I didn't even see but Lacey texted me about), and I've been coming up with AWESOME ideas for presents for everybody (which I probably won't be able to afford, sorry).

I have to say, this city gets into the Christmas spirit.  I love it!  There are constant Christmas carols and Christmas decorations and Macy's.  I'm not going to lie, I really want to see the Rockettes.  There's even a Broadway show called Irving Berlin's White Christmas (or Winter Wonderland, idk).  FYI, the Rockefeller tree this year was cut down from the yard of a woman who planted it 60-something years ago after it was the Christmas tree in her home for her, her husband and her children.  She told her whole family that one day it would be the tree in Rockefeller Center.  She passed away but her sons were there to see the tree be cut down and shipped off to Rockefeller.  I love it.  This is an idea of what we're dealing with:

(This isn't this years, but you get the idea.)

I have also been wanting to bake everything I possibly can, but I don't really have people to bake for, so I may be sending some of you cookies.  But don't count on anything because I've had a credit card bill that has needed to go in the mail for like a week now, but I have to walk 2 blocks to the post office and actually put it in the mail box.  Now, I have no problem walking 6 blocks for the good ice cream, but for some reason I'm indignant about the mail thing.  And who doesn't let you pay bills online now?  The answer is River Region Credit Union.

Anyway, I hope if you're reading this I will get to see you over Christmas.  I will be in MO for a few weeks at least which will be amazing after so long away.  I will also be back out on the west coast at some point but I don't know when.  So that covers most, but nowhere near all of the people I love.  Pencil me in!

Also, my mom sent me Toms in the mail today.  Isn't she hip?  You're the best, Mom!  I love you!

Peace and love and happy holidays to you all!

2 comments:

e. lizabeth said...

i absolutely can't wait to see you at christmas.

lets have a whole day dedicated to baking and...sing-alongs?

(and by baking i mean you bake and i...um...tell jokes?)

yes???

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Okay, first, if you are going to bake, you must do it at my house so I can join in the fun!

Second, I got a snotty e-mail from someone (won't name any names) who was upset and thought I should tell John how upset she was about Busch's decorating for Christmas too early (yes, before Thanksgiving, which is necessary for them). Yeah, right, like I'm going to tell him that!

Third, you'll have to help me pick out a pair of Toms when you are home!

And, finally, I can't wait for your visit - love you too!

Mom