Monday, April 21, 2008

PBA, My Dream

It's Friday night
And it feels alright
The party's here on the Westside!

It's the freakin' weekend baby! And I am excited for it. Springtime has sprung in the Canyon and that makes me really not want to be working, although today was a fun one. We had All Clean this morning, but only the MCL and one of the quads was used so it wasn't a bad one. I got to go the MCL with Jen, Kristen and Sara which made it feel like it wasn't even an All Clean at all. But I did do showers and vaccuum which are both kind of taxing in that large of a building. Then we had to do perifs today and get laundry started because the next group comes in on Thursday, giving us one less day to clean. It's getting intense!

Needless to say, I was excited to see the end of the day come. And even more excited because tonight was the Wildhorse Canyon Staff Bowling Bonanza. That's right, Wildhorse Canyon took over Madras Bowl. Really, the way this all came about is us talking to Erin frequently about how we should all go bowling and how they did it once and invited everybody and it was really fun. So Erin finally took charge, called the bowling alley, put up a sign-up sheet in the mailroom and patiently awaited responses. Turns out everyone was on board because a ton of people ended up signing up. I don't even need to say it, but it was a ton of fun. Lots of laughing, friendly competition, showing off my bowling shoes that I stole from Westgate Lanes when I was 16 and snooty bowling league people who get mad when you go the same time as them and yell too loudly. I ended the night with a high score of 131, not my best effort ever, but certainly not my worst. We also discovered that there's a singles bowling league... Hmm.... A trip to Safeway and DQ (where we again saw everyone we work with) finished off the night. Of course, I have picture evidence of the fun.


6 of 12 lanes overtaken by Wildhorse Staff Jen (whose bowling alias is Jan Qualman) and I...
You have to like anyone who has a bowling alias!
Kristen and I


It's a busy few days. Last night there was a big party for a couple of the women's birthdays and tomorrow night is a Mary Kay party that Lacey is basically guilt-forcing me and Kristen into attending. I hate Mary Kay parties but I like parties and Laceys, so I'll go and have fun chatting and making fun of how much Kristen is hating her life during it. Other than that, I will be doing a lot of relaxing and sitting in the sun. A trip to Maize is a must.

Go bowling in the next few days, I insist.