Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Awakening

It's 60 degrees out. It's sunny. I bought new clothes. I have plans.

It is officially Spring.

And I have awoken.

Sometimes I am shocked by how much of my life I am willing to waste when there is so much to see, so much to feel, so much to taste out of this crazy life of mine.

Is there anything else that will belong to us so singularly as our own lives? Why would we not use up every piece of it?

Yes, I work. And I watch mindless TV. And I have meaningless interactions.

But I also sing. And dance. And love like crazy. And am loved like crazy.

I find purpose in my days. I laugh. A lot. I am inspired. And I (try hard to) inspire.

I've had this sticky note on the desktop of my mac for 6 months. It's a line from a The Ninth Elegy by Rilke that says:

Look, I am alive. On what?
Neither childhood nor the future grows any less...
Superabundant being wells up in my heart.

This is what life is. Marvelling at being alive. Being in a moment. The moment, that's neither holding me in the past or stealing from my future. Superabundant being welling up in my heart.

That's how I feel today. Superabundant.

I pray you feel the same way.

Song of the Day: I'm on My Way by Rich Price (Didn't know this song was on the Shrek 2 soundtrack, but OK.)

1 comment:

Paige said...

It was 70 on Friday and I bought new spring clothes in preparation for the warm weather. But then it snowed all day on Saturday. Thus, the clothes won't make an appearance until I go home for Easter