Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Victory is Mine

Well, I did it.  I have everything I own in transit from New York to Missouri and I only had to pay the regular $15 charge to get it there.  (I won't even start on the new $15 for one bag charge.  I'm getting closer and closer to moving off the grid and only posting about ways that I'm scheming to screw the man.  And about my solar and wind-powered energy sources because how else am I going to post off the grid?)

Back to my victory.

First, there was basically a cab waiting outside my door for me, even though it was raining.  This was a good sign.  I made it to LaGuardia and went to the ticket counter with my awesomely over-stuffed bags.  I was initially 5 pounds over.  No problem, I had a plan.

I began stuffing things into my carry-ons and the nice lady ended up giving me 1/2 pound worth of leeway.  I made my way to my plane, hopped on and am now in the Pittsburgh airport with all of my stuff, basking in the glory that is free airport wi-fi.

You're probably wondering how I did.  And I have an answer.  I put everything that was remotely heavy (i.e. all of my books) in my carry-ons, which now look like this:

And consequently weight more than my checked bag.  (Take that USAirways!)

Also, this apparently counts as one carry-on (or "personal item" if you will):


This bodes well for my Christmas holiday.  I will be watching too much TV and annoying my brother very soon.  MO, here I come!

No comments: