Friday, December 12, 2008

I Actually Have a Subscription to Newsweek

OK, so I'm not a political blogger.  Nobody wants to read that.  The only thing I want to read on blogs is funny/embarrassing personal stories, inane griping about non-important annoyances, or stories about travels or other cool things in the blogger's life that make me jealous.  Most of the time, I don't really care about people's overly arrogant, I-know-what's-up musings on the state of world.  I believe that any opinion given without some degree of humility is faulty, no matter how much I agree with what's being said.

That's pretty much why I don't blog about my personal political convictions.  I haven't really found the way to do that with the appropriate amount of humility.  That being said, I want people to be engaged, if only the maybe 6 people that read my blog.  So, I'm just going to post this newsweek article, strongly encourage you to read it and tell you that I think it makes a lot of sense.

I think we're facing something in our nation right now that could be a huge turning point.  I think we're going to look back on this in 50 years and either be ashamed at the stance we took or proudly tell our children how we fought for personal freedoms.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I hope I'm not.  I implore you to be engaged, be thoughtful, tap into compassion and understanding, and then take a stance that represents all of that, whatever it may be.

Love you all!
 

1 comment:

Craig Henry said...

keep your political opinions to yourself.