Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's Time

It's March 1.

I think you can guess what I might write about today.

It's the same subject that starts featuring on my blog often this time of year. (Like here and here and here.)

Yes, that's right, it's time for baseball.

Did you know some people don't care about baseball? It's true. It's weird to me, having grown up right in the middle of Cardinals country, but it's true. Some people don't care about baseball.

I am not one of those people. (Nor do I really understand them. I can count on getting more comments on any facebook status involving the Cardinals than anything about my personal life. These are my people.)

I'm listening to the Cardinals spring training game against the Marlins right now. While drinking a cup of coffee.

THIS IS LITERALLY MY HEAVEN.

Sorry for the caps lock. It was necessary. Those are two of my favorite things in the world. And they have combined for a glorious afternoon.

Now, I no longer live in Missouri so I don't get to indulge in trips to Busch Stadium. And I also have a job that gets crazy busy during the summer, so I normally don't even get to go down to PHX to see my Cards play the Diamondbacks.

Sacrifices have been made by my move to Arizona.

However, there is one perk: Spring Training.

I always wanted to go to spring training and got my first chance last year. It was awesome. You get to go watch professional baseball games in college-sized stadiums. I almost got hit by a foul ball last time I went. And it's warm in March (unlike Williams where it snowed a foot this weekend).

Again, the Cardinals don't play in the Cactus League, they play in Florida in the Grapefruit League. So it's not a perfect situation. But it is pretty awesome.

This Sunday I will driving down the mountain, putting on my Ssekos, and watching some baseball.

Yes. Heaven.

Song of the Day: Live Forever by Drew Holcomb

1 comment:

gpelzer said...

What about Wainwright!? :(