Saturday, August 22, 2009

Have You Missed Them?

So, I've been really slacking on putting up songs of the day.  Mainly, that's because I'm really broke and can't afford to waste money on iTunes.  But still, there are a couple of songs that I have been loving recently.  Here's a taste.

The first is by an artist named Keeley Valentino.  My good friend Kathryn and I love to exchange mixes and a song from Keeley's first album was on one she sent me last spring.  I immediately downloaded the album (The Mechanics of Leaving).  It was the soundtrack of my life last summer and I could not stop listening to it for a solid 6 months.  She just put a new CD out called Three Cities and this is a recording of her performing 2 songs off of it: Honesty and Shame on Me 

The second is a song called Brand New Day by Joshua Radin.  I love it because it's sweet and optimistic and it makes me smile when I'm driving and the sun is shining and my windows are open.  

And lastly, the song that for some reason makes my heart ache, Two by Ryan Adams.  This one has been a favorite for awhile (as has Ryan Adams period.)

No comments: