Saturday, May 31, 2008

Even CRAZIER!

So, I thought my life had gotten crazy the last time I posted... I had no idea.

Turns out, the end of May is the most difficult time of the year. It is basically summer without any of the help. And we're trying to get everything done for summer, which starts in 2 weeks!!! That's crazy! To give you a picture, there are 11 different groups here in 7 days this week. So we're working non-stop. I've been putting in a lot of 12 hour days. And it is awesome! I'm loving every second of it, being completely exhausted and still finding it in me to do more. I really love working here.

Speaking of, something to be praying about. I have decided to send in an application for a job. I don't want to talk too much about it, because I'm not at all sure it's going to happen but I figure I'll send in an application and see what happens. I've had a lot of support from people here, making me feel like it could possibly be a good fit. But I don't want to get my hopes up and I'm just in the original application process, so we'll see.

Several of our new interns have arrived. It's a little weird, but they're all really fun. There is definitely a difference in attitude when you're a summer intern. This is their summer break, just something fun and exciting. This is our job with health benefits and a 401(k). So it's a little different experiences. But they're great people and it's been fun to get to know them.

We had our intern surprise the other day which was.... a trip to the shooting range! We have this awesome shooting range here on property that they use for groups and staff can use it. So, we had some competitions shooting clays. It took me forever, but I finally shot 2! And I got to throw the clays for a while which was pretty awesome. I'm a little addicted and really want to go again.

That's pretty much life right now. All I'm doing is working, so it's not really that interesting. But summer starts soon, that's when all the good stories will come!

Oh, and Prince Caspian review:

I did not love it. I had reread the book right before seeing the movie which may not have been the best move. It was a well-made movie, but it strayed a lot from the heart of the book. A lot of the characters were different and it was super Hollywood cheesy. But still worth seeing. I give it half a thumbs up.

Much love!

2 comments:

brycestuck said...

thanks for the review! still haven't seen it yet. rome is very hot.. I still want to come home. two more weeks until I'm back on American soil. I know you're busy but you did say you would catch up on LOST after the season was over. Guess what, it's over. Great finale.. Try and catch up, it's worth it. Keep me posted abotu the "job" too, I'll keep it quiet here in Italy for you... Katie and her roommates decided to be obsessed with SYTYCD this summer, how funny is that?

Craig Henry said...

i can't believe you went "shootin". you're so violent. remember when mom's bf paul got me a bb gun. that was funny. you had that fake one from disney world that said davy crockett on the side. HAHA, what a tool.