Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today at Work, I...

-Went to our morning meeting.

-Answered the question of the day (What's the last movie you saw in the theaters?) with Footloose.

-Laughed when I realized that the same answer came from about half of our staff.

-Thought again about how bad that movie was.

-Went to Clarabelle's.

-Gave my staff the vision for the day.

-Sent them on their way.

-Signed time cards and created our schedule through the end of November.

-Made coffee.

-Got excited when my coworker said she was going to Flag to Sam's Club.

-Sent said coworker a list that include 18 bottles of Soft Scrub with Bleach.

-Dropped time cards off at the main office.

-Went back to my office.

-Drank coffee.

-Looked at bedding online and tried to exactly match a color through the internet.

-Found that impossible and stressed about it a little.

-Chatted with one of our maintenance guys about Tony LaRussa's retirement and how much I want Albert Pujols to come back.

-Sent an email to a rep about some sheets. He called me back to try to sell me mattresses.

-Got excited when another of my coworkers said they were going to the hardware store.

-Asked said coworker to buy all the pumice stones that they have at the hardware store.

-Bummed out when said coworker called to tell me that they only had one pumice stone at the hardware store.

-Realized this is because we live in a small town and I had already bought all the rest of them a couple of weeks ago.

-Researched where I can buy pumice stones on the internet.

-Spent a little more time looking at sheets online and sending more emails to my rep about the 20 samples I want him to send me. Maybe if I get enough samples, I won't need to buy any sheets.

-Realized my logic was flawed.

-Went downstairs and saw that nobody told me we're almost out of our main cleaning chemical.

-Rolled my eyes a little and went back upstairs to order more chemicals.

-Went back downstairs and forgot what I had gone down there for in the first place.

-Ate a piece of chocolate while trying to remember.

-Gave up, went back upstairs, and refilled my coffee.

-Drafted a long email to a guest group coming at the end of November.

-Had to erase my attempts at humor from the email and repeat my mantra, "Funny doesn't equal professional."

-Sent email and realized I forgot to attach the 3 sheets that the email specifically stated I had attached.

-Sent email #2 with said attachments. Embraced the humor in this one.

-Created an event and reservation within our reservations manager for said group.

-Finished creating an event and reservation after approximately 4 more attempts.

-Felt good about myself because the last one I did took about 9 attempts.

-Realized that it was lunch time only because my staff came back to Clarabelle's and asked, "Is it alright if we head to lunch?"

-Wrote this blog post.

-Decided I was going to work on the actual to-do list I have for today after lunch.

-Loved my job and appreciated how completely random it is.

Song of the Day: Ophelia by The Band

No comments: