Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Found

One of the perks of my job is collecting Lost and Found. It is incredible what people will leave at camp and never claim. Expensive coats and shoes, phones, whole suitcases, etc.

But what's even more fun than the "I can't believe you didn't claim this" stuff is the notes/journals/books that people leave.

I have personally found more than one love note, several journal entries written by 12 year-olds, various scorecards and game rules, hilarious signs in dorm bathrooms, and many, many letters from moms.

Along that vein, one of my favorite websites is foundmagazine.com. Found Magazine is exactly what it sounds like. People find things, scan them, and send them in.

There are a lot of serious ones, old pictures, lists, etc. but these are my favorites:



No comments: