Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rick!

I'm not going to lie, I was concerned when my favorite starting pitcher turned outfielder, Rick Ankiel, was struggling a little throughout the first few weeks of the season.  He couldn't seem to get a hit to save his life and the Cardinals are playing with an extra outfielder.  It didn't look great.

But then he stumbled upon the perfect good luck charm: a super-de-dooper creeper mustache, a la my dad in 1992.  
He rolled this out earlier this week and has since gotten several hits including a home-run tonight and won the top spot in Sports Center's Top 10 with an awesome catch in center.

I hope he also believes the 'stache is his good luck charm and keeps it all season.  I wouldn't want him to pull up next to me in a van, but I think he looks awesome on the field.

Also, is it weird that every time I hear/see the name Rick, all I can think of is that Amy Poehler SNL skit where she plays a tween that screams at her stepdad Rick for 5 minutes straight?  I'm laughing right now just thinking of it.

1 comment:

e. lizabeth said...

ahhhhh!

as soon as I read the title of this post, i got really excited to leave a HILARIOUS quote from the skit.

then i got to the end of the quote and you stole my thunder.

but now i am having second thoughts about passive aggressively not quoting, because of the whole said thunder incident.

"RIIIIICK! Look! I am in an old person parade!"