Monday, October 27, 2014

I Want to Be Lorelai. For Serious.

The last like 9 posts on my blog have been serious.  Because, you know, I only post twice a year so it tends to be kind of introspective.

But today is a day of change!  Or, I'm a day early to something called the camping summit and I have no work to do.  Seriously, I don't know how it happened but I have nothing.  No emails.  No calls to make.  I could work on some projects but that's just a hassle on my travel laptop.

So, I post instead.

And while I've caught my blog up a little on what is going on in my life (i.e. nothing new), I have not caught it up on what's going on in my pop culture life.

I still watch the bachelor.  I've been reading a ton of books. Celebrity gossip is coming fast and furious.  All Shonda shows are my jam.

But, most importantly, I have become ardently re-obsessed with the Netflix release of Gilmore Girls.

Seriously, binge watching can't even describe it.  I've been watching.  And watching.  And watching.

It's bad.  I'm unproductive.  I was sick the other day so I took off work and watched an entire season.

But it's good.  Because it's Gilmore Girls.

OK, here's the truth.  I watched this show when it was on and I loved it.  Then my roommate in college had it on DVD and so we would watch episodes again.  And I loved it again.

However, I have gone back to watch several shows like this (Dawson's Creek, Party of Five, 90210), and they just don't hold up later.  I watched a season of Dawson's on netflix and then I got bored.  And I was crazy about that show.

But Gilmore Girls?  Ruining my life.  

And worse than anything, I'm in the middle of season 5 which means all the last episodes I watched were Lorelai and Luke in their prime actually dating and having a functional relationship episodes.  It's sad how happy it makes me.

And Rory's at Yale!  And Christopher hasn't ruined everything yet! And they opened the Dragonfly!

I spent some serious time the other day thinking about how I kind of am like Lorelai.  Small town, I want to own an inn some day, there is no local diner but I know my Safeway Starbucks baristas (no romantic interest, but I did get invited to one of their baby showers).

Also, I may or may not have dreamed about Gilmore Girls the other night.

So, yeah.  I'm feeling a little crazy.  But I just went to youtube to see if there was a good video to put in this post to show you why it's so awesome and I found people way crazier than me who have made tribute videos to Luke and Lorelai.  I feel much better about myself. So, see!  Blogging is therapeutic.

Song of the Day: Reflecting Light by Sam Phillips (bonus GG fan points if you know what this song is from!)

No comments: